Watermelon botanically regarded as a fruit belongs to family Cucurbitaceae. And also, a medicinal plant that has attracted scientific interest due to its bioactivities.
It was native to Africa’s Kalahari desert but also cultivated in tropical parts of the world.
The first harvest was recorded 5000 years ago in Egypt that spread to different regions of the earth.
Currently, China is the largest cultivator followed the United States by Turkey, Iran and also Republics of Korea.
Furthermore, watermelon is a source of antioxidants using the unique reference to malic acid, lycopene, and citrulline.
These ingredients act as protection against chronic health problems like cardiovascular disorders and cancer insurgence.
The Fruit comprises nearly 92 % water, 6.2 % of carbohydrates, and 0.4 % dietary fiber.
Enriched with vitamin C, carotenoids, flavonoids, citrulline and fat and cholesterol free, ergo regarded as fat-free fruit.
Watermelon Juice Benefits
1. Watermelon juice benefits by providing a rich source of ß-carotene serve as an antioxidant and precursor of vitamin A.
2. Besides the presence of lycopene, it is a source of B vitamins B1 and B6, as well as minerals like magnesium and potassium. Also, watermelon juice comprises phenolics comparable with all the different fruits.
3. Proven truth that watermelon juice benefits by acting as an extraordinary antioxidant with the help of lycopene.
4. High consumption of watermelon holding lycopene and vitamin C and E is one of those options to lessen various coronary complications in diabetics.
5. The utilization of carotenoids in watermelon juice benefits by decreasing the risk of macular and other degenerative disorders.
6. Moreover, research finding show lycopene in watermelon juice benefits by enhancing insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism.
7. Watermelon has health-promoting functional ingredients associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disorders.
Another significant watermelon juice benefits are a protective effect against hepatotoxins such as carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) and paracetamol. Besides, this fruit possess anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-ulcerogenic and anti-diabetic effects.
Leafy green vegetable benefits by offering a rich source of a number of micronutrients and other phytochemicals. Moreover, these green vegetables are rich in nutritional value
Hard boiled eggs are rich sources of protein, fats, and micronutrients while comparing with other eggs recipes. During cooking, the eggshell is not broken, which
The Usage of Medicinal Mushrooms has a long history of promoting health and longevity. Its powerful effects have been documented in ancient scripts before 2000
Lemon is one of the most important fruits belonging to the Rutaceae family. It’s commonly used as juice and in food products, chemical cleaners, and medicinal
Raw Honey is a natural substance produced by bees from nectar. Honey is sweet and flavourful natural product with high nutritive value. Potential Surprising Facts